Personal information is information, or a combination of pieces of information that could reasonably allow you to be identified.
Personal information that we use
We will collect personal information about you from a variety of sources, including information we collect from you directly (e.g. when you contact us), and information we collect about you from other sources, described below:
Note that we may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you, or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations. We will inform you at the time your information is collected whether certain data is compulsory and the consequences of the failure to provide such data.
Personal Information that we collect directly from you
The categories of information that we collect directly from you are:
- personal details (e.g. name, gender, age)
- other contact details (such as telephone number, email address, postal address or mobile number)
- information we collect automatically from you using cookies and other device identifying technologies (‘Cookies and Tracking Technologies‘)
Information that we collect from other sources
We collect information about you from social network sites (eg facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
The categories of information that we collect about you from these sources are:
- personal details (e.g. name, date of birth)
- contact details (e.g. phone number, email address, postal address or mobile number)
- opinions that you express to us or about us on social media
Use of your Personal Information
We use your personal information to:
- contact you for your opinions on our products services or websites
- improve our Site, products and services and to deliver content that is customised to your interests
- deal with your enquiries and requests
- communicate with you with regard to any promotions that we may run
- authenticate your identity when you log into our website
- provide you with product information or promotional and other offers from us or our parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, Site developers and other promotional partners in accordance with your marketing preferences
- meet our contractual obligations to you under our terms and conditions of use
- comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement bodies
- exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law
- in an emergency protect the health or safety of Site users or the general public or in the interests of national security
Legal basis for the processing
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
- to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example to administer any promotions you sign up to
- to comply with our legal obligations, for example to respond to a court order
- to meet our legitimate business interests, for example to communicate with you or understand how you use our Site or in relation to the products we produce in order to make improvements. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. For more information about the balancing test that we carry out to process your personal information to meet our legitimate interests, please contact us at the details below.
We may obtain your consent to collect and use certain types of personal information when we are required to do so by law (for example, in relation to our direct marketing activities, Cookies and Tracking Technologies or when we process sensitive personal information). If we ask for your consent to process your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details at the end of this privacy notice.
We may share your personal information with third parties in the following circumstances:
- pladis group companies. United Biscuits (UK) Limited is ultimately owned by Yildiz Holding AS (“Yildiz”). We work closely with other businesses and companies that fall under the pladis group family and Yildiz. We may share certain information about your interaction and details of any concerns or complaints on our website with other group companies for marketing purposes, customer optimisation and internal reporting. More information on pladis can be found here: www.pladisglobal.com
- Service providers and business partners. We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us or jointly with us. For example, to help administer promotions or other events, send newsletters and marketing emails, host or manage our website, support email and messaging services and analyse information.
- Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party.
- Asset purchasers. We may share your personal information with any third party that purchases, or to which we transfer, all or substantially all of our assets and business. Should such a sale or transfer occur, we will use reasonable efforts to try to ensure that the entity to which we transfer your personal information uses it in a manner that is consistent with this privacy notice.
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the services). See the section on “International Data Transfer” below for more information.
International Data Transfers
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law.
We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
We take protection of children’s privacy seriously. We operate this website in compliance with all applicable law in the country in which we are located. Children under the age of 16 should have a parent/guardian’s consent before providing any personal information to the website. We will not require or request children under this age to provide more personal information than is reasonably necessary to participate in the applicable activity on the Site. If we determine upon collection that a user is under this age, we will not use or maintain his/her personal information without the parent/guardian’s consent. Without such consent, though, the child may not be able to participate in certain activities. However, in certain circumstances, we may maintain and use such information (in accordance with the rest of this policy and applicable law) in order to notify and obtain consent from the parent/guardian and for certain safety, security, liability and other purposes permitted under applicable law.
Cookie and Tracking Technology
We use Cookie and Tracking Technology to access our website, including the IP addresses to automatically collect technical information about usage of our Site.
This might include your type of Internet Browser or computer, the domain name of your Internet Service Provider, number of page visits and the character and duration of such visits. We also track the number of visitors to our website in an aggregate form. This information helps us keep our website fresh and interesting to our visitors and tailor content to a visitor’s interests. We may disclose certain information collected through cookies and similar technologies to potential partners, advertisers (who may use this information to provide advertisements tailored to your interests) or other third parties.
You may set your computer browser to disable cookies or to alert you when cookies are being sent. If you disable cookies, we may be unable to optimise your visit to our website and certain features may not be available.
Information security and storage
We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you or as stated in the Terms and Conditions for the relevant promotion. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
- maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
- comply with record retention requirements under the law
- defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
- deal with any complaints regarding the services
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Your rights over your personal information
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
- access your personal information
- rectify the information we hold about you
- erase your personal information
- restrict our use of your personal information
- object to our use of your personal information
- withdraw any consents you have given
- receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
- lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority
We will only send you marketing messages by email, texts and other electronic means if we have your permission to do so.
If you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will correct or update any information as soon as we can. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
You may request a copy of this policy from us using the contact details set out above. We may modify or update this policy from time to time.
United Biscuits (UK) Limited trading as pladis is the controller responsible for the personal information that we collect and process.
If you have any questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please write to us by post at Legal Department, pladis, Hayes Park, Hayes End Road, Hayes, Middlesex UB4 8EE or by email email@example.com.
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist you with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a compliant to the data protection authority in England.