THE ORIGINAL CHEESECAKE
Ingredients for 4 servings:
- 150G OF BUTTER
- 2 TABLESPOONS OF BROWN SUGAR
- 250G ORIGINAL DIGESTIVE BISCUITS
- 5 TEASPOONS OF CORNSTARCH
- 10ML OF LEMON JUICE
- 100ML OF FREASH CREAM
- 600G OF CREAM CHEESE
- 2 EGGS AND 1 YOLK
- 1 VANILLIN SACHET
- 100G OF SUGAR
- 1 PINCH OF SALT
- 1 TABLESPOON OF POWDERED SUGAR
- 200ML OF SOUR CREAM
- STRAWBERRIES, LEMON AND SUGAR
- Blend the biscuits with the brown sugar, melt the butter and mix the three ingredients.
- Cover a baking pan with baking paper and pour the biscuits mixture at its bottom. Model the borders too. Keep it in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Whisk eggs, sugar and vanillin until the mixture is smooth, than add the cream cheese amalgamating until it reaches the right creaminess, without lumps. Add to the mixture lemon juice, cornstarch, a pinch of salt and cream, mix all together.
- Pour the cream in the pan, level it well and put it in the oven at 180°C for 30 minutes, than lower temperature to 160° and bake for other 30-40 minutes.
- Once completed baking, leave the cake resting into the turned-off oven with the door slightly open for approx 30 minutes, then put it in the fridge.
- When the cake is cool enough, mix sour cream with sugar and pour the mixture on the top of the dessert, leveling it.
- Lastly decorate with a mixture of strawberries, sugar and lemon (blended together).
Ingredients for approx. 30 servings:
- 400 G DARK CHOCOLATE
- 250 G BUTTER
- 225 G PEANUTS (NOT ROASTED AND UNSALTED)
- 250 G MCVITIE’S DIGESTIVES
- 7 EGGS (SIZE MEDIUM)
- 350 G FLOUR
- 1 SMALL PACKET OF BAKING POWDER
- 500 G SUGAR
- 1 SMALL PACKET OF VANILLA SUGAR
- 1 PINCH OF SALT
- 50 G WHITE CHOCOLATE
- FAT AND FLOUR FOR THE PAN
- BAKING PAPER
- 1 ONE-USE PIPING BAG
- Mash the dark chocolate. Melt the butter over a bowl of warm water. Mash 75 grams of peanuts and 125 grams of biscuits. Whisk the eggs with an egg whisk. Mix the flour and the baking powder in a bowl. Add 400 grams of sugar, vanilla sugar, salt, eggs, butter and the chocolate mixture. Mix all of these for a short time to form a smooth dough. Fold in the peanuts and the biscuits.
- Grease a dripping pan (30 x 38 cm) of the oven and dust with flour. Fill with the dough and smooth out. Bake in the pre-heated oven (electric oven: 175 °C/ recirculating oven: 150 °C/ gas: see the manufacturer) for 20–25 minutes. Leave to cool on a cooling rack.
- Simmer 100 grams of sugar and 2 tablespoons of water in a pan until the sugar has dissolved. Add 150 grams of peanuts and allow it to caramelize whilst stirring for approximately 2 minutes. Place onto baking paper and allow to cool. Mash the white chocolate and melt over a bowl of warm water. Fill the chocolate into a small piping bag, cut off a small corner and use it to garnish the 125 grams of biscuit (8 biscuits). Allow the biscuits to dry.
- Break up the caramelized peanuts and the garnished biscuits. Cut the brownie into pieces and decorate with peanuts and biscuits.
MCVITIE’S YOGURT AND STRAWBERRY PIE
Ingredients for approx 14 servings:
- 200 G MCVITIE´S ORIGINAL DIGESTIVE
- 150 G BUTTER
- 8 SHEETS OF WHITE JELLY
- 500 G NATURAL YOGURT
- 250 G FRESH CREAM CHEESE
- 1 SPOON LEMON JUICE
- 100 G SUGAR
- 100 ML FRESH MILK
- 200 G CREAM
- 300 G STRAWBERRIES
- 150 G STRAWBERRY JAM
- MELISSA FOR GARNISHING
- Fill a freezer bag with the biscuits and finely crumble them using a rolling pin. Melt the butter and mix with the crumbled biscuits.
- Grease the openable pan (Ø 26 cm). Puor on it the biscuit mixture, spread evenly, and let it cool.
- Soak the jelly into a lot of cold water. Melt the yogurt with the cream cheese, the lemon juice and the sugar. Warm up the milk into a small pan, remove it from the fire, squeeze the jelly and melt it into the milk.
- Add 2 spoons of yogurt mixture and stir it till it becomes homogeneous. Add it to the remaining yogurt mixture and melt quickly. Let the cake cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes. Whip the cream and add it as soon as the cream begins to gel. Pour the cream on the biscuit crumbles bottom and level out.
- Let the cake become solid in the fridge for 4 hours. Wash the strawberries, cleanse them and chop them in halves or quarters. Before serving, garnish the cake with the strawberries. Drip the fruit jam on the cake and garnish with the melissa sheets.
DIGESTIVE ICE CREAM WITH CINNAMON & HONEY
- ICING SUGAR 1/2 CUP
- MILK 1/2 CUP
- CINNAMON POWDER 2 TEASPOONS
- McVITIE’S DIGESTIVE 1/2 OF 400 gr PACK
- HONEY 1/3 CUP
- FRESH CREAM 2 CUPS
- EGG YOLKS 5
- Combine the milk and the fresh cream in a small pot and stir over low heat.
- Beat the egg yolks, sugar and cinnamon.
- Mix all together and allow to set.
- Pour the mixture into a container and freeze for 2 hours, mixing periodically until the ice cream can be scooped.
- Crush the biscuits in a blender and mix with the honey.
- Finally, stir the honey-biscuit mixture into the ice cream and freeze for another 1/2 hour.
LEMON CHEESECAKE COCKTAIL
- 35ML/1¼FL OZ VANILLA VODKA
- 1 TBSP LIMONCELLO
- 1 TBSP VANILLA SYRUP
- PINCH LEMON ZEST
- 1 TBSP NATURAL YOGURT
- 1 HEAPED TBSP MASCARPONE
- 1 DIGESTIVE BISCUIT, CRUMBLED
- Place all the ingredients in a cocktail shaker with a handful of ice and shake hard.
- Strain the cocktail into a coupette glass and garnish with the crumbled biscuit.